Museum Attendant Guard—Security
The Museum Attendant Guard is responsible for ensuring the protection of Museum buildings, exhibitions, and displays, as well as the safety of visitors and staff, in and around our special exhibitions. Guards also perform light cleaning duties and assist with related operations tasks as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent G.E.D. certificate, or
- Two years of satisfactory, full-time paid experience in custodial, protection, and museum attendant or related work, which includes responsibility for meeting, advising, and directing the public
- Must hold a New York State Security Guard license
- Visual acuity and good hearing
- Physical ability to stand for long periods of time, and to climb or descend up to ten flights of stairs
- Ability to walk, bend, lift moderate weights, and use household cleaning products in connection with cleaning duties
- Attend to and perform various cleaning and mopping duties, working under supervision
- Operate passenger and freight elevators and/or work in checkrooms as needed
- Guard and patrol in an assigned general area of the Museum, to ensure the protection of exhibitions, displays and/or mountings from loss or damage due to theft, vandalism, fire, etc.
- Protect the Museum buildings, equipment, facilities, and grounds in the area of assignment, which may include exhibitions outside the Museum
- Meet the public (including school groups) and teachers attending Museum instruction programs, and advise on the location of exhibitions, halls, galleries, etc. or on the arrangements and directions for public instruction groups
- Maintain order in detection, ejection, and/or watchman tours, as assigned
Starting date: Immediately
Reports to: Security manager
Position type: Full-time
Union status: Union
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Compensation: $15.51 per hour, hiring rate
Schedule: Wednesdays through Sundays, 9:30 am to 6:15 pm
If you have questions about our online application system, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.